U3A Workshop – Interest Groups Matter
This interactive workshop has been designed to generate discussion and ideas around running and coordinating effective groups.
Objectives for the day include:
– to discuss and identify the role of group leaders/convenors
– to discuss and identify the role of the Groups Coordinator
– to discuss and agree what constitutes participative learning
– to consider how this can impact on learning
– to analyse the barriers to learning and consider how to ensure that groups are accessible
Who should attend?
This event will be useful for committee members, particularly those in the Groups Coordinator role, potential committee members and those in or considering the group leader/convenor role.
The workshop will be participative and attendees will be encouraged to network and share their experiences with those from neighbouring U3As. Refreshments will be available from 10.30am with a 11.00am start to the workshop. The day will end at 15.30pm. It will be facilitated by Trust volunteers supported by National Office staff. This event is offered by the Trust with no cost for attendance. Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
Thursday, 4th July 2019, 11:00 – 15:30 ,
Royal Station Hotel, Neville Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 5DH